What are some common sake-food pairings?
Which kind of sake goes best with the various kinds of Japanese cuisine? Here’s a pairing guide to help you decide!
? Which kind of sake goes best with the various kinds of Japanese cuisine? Here's a pairing guide to help you decide!
โพสต์โดย Makoto-Ya Singapore บน 30 สิงหาคม 2017
- The acidic and dry finish of Junmai Ginjyo sake balances the textures of sashimi well, especially for fatty fish such as salmon and tuna
- The light and smooth finish of Honjyozo sake pairs very well with all types of Japanese cuisine, especially dishes with strong, lingering tastes
- The premium Junmai Daiginjyo sake has an ultra-light taste, and pairs very well with food with a clean aftertaste such as tempura
- Nigori sake is round and mellow, and its full-bodied taste pairs well with food that emphasises umami, such as yakitori skewers
- The rich, full-bodied Junmai sake pairs well with sushi, emphasising the rich flavours of both the fish and the fragrance of rice