How can you ensure that the Japanese rice is cooked properly?
Here’s how you can serve up the perfect bowl of oishii Japanese rice at home – just follow our step-by-step cooking guide!
- Lightly stir rice grains under running water
- Pour away milky water – repeat wash process for at least three times
- Make rice have a stickier texture by adding up to 220ml more water for each cup of rice
- Cook as per normal
- Keep the lid of the rice cooker on for at least 10 additional minutes after cooking
- Ready to be served – enjoy!